Tuesday 26 March 2013

Who We Are: Janet Sanders


I have been working as a police officer for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) since graduating from training in May 2009.  I am working in the city of Fort Saskatchewan, AB.  Duties include: Responding and attending to a wide range of emergencies, and community relations/policing.

Prior to joining the RCMP, I had the great pleasure of working in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut for 4 years, in isolated areas of our vast country of Canada as a Site Administrator at a Diamond Mine and an Iron Ore Mine. 

I also worked for one of Canada's major Banks for 6 years, TD Canada Trust, as a Financial Services Representative.  Responsible for loans, mortgages, investments and account opening/management.

I am not married and I have no children, but I am very close with my family.  My parents, George and Else, still currently live on the family farm.  They have retired from farming (cattle and grain), but they do help out the neighbours.  I have an older sister, Kirsten, who is married (to Jason), and they have 2 children, Cameron (7 yrs) and Kaleb (5yrs).  I also have a younger brother, Roscoe, who is married (to Dayna) and they have 1 daughter, Amrie (1yr).  My niece and nephew tell me I'm a pretty awesome Auntie!!

I enjoy playing a variety of sports, volleyball is my favourite!   I enjoy running, working out, swimming, badminton, baseball.  I love to travel, and explore new places, food and culture.  My Mom was born and raised in Denmark.  I have travelled to Europe (Denmark, Sweden, Germany, and Switzerland) several times to visit family and friends.  I have also travelled to Australia, Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bali and Lombok), England, Cuba, Costa Rica and Mexico.  I have been to New Zealand once before in 2007, a week on the North Island and a week on the south Island.  I am very much looking forward to coming back to see more of the beautiful country!!


Vocational Interests:
-  go on a ride along with a  Police Officer
- tour a police station
- see their marine policing/coast guard
- visit the police air services/helicopter
- tour the police training academy
- visit emergency services, ambulance and fire department
- visit a military base
- I would also be interested in assisting in a hands on project with a local Rotary club

Cultural Interest:
- hiking in the local parks
- watch the All Blacks Rugby Team play
- visit a Maori Village
- visit the Weta Cave or the Weta Workshop
- run in a 10km or half marathon race

No comments:

Post a Comment